This post may contain affiliate links. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Journaling is the best way to keep track of your daily life. When you keep a journal, you basically write down everything you could be thinking of. You can write about experiences, dreams, plans, struggles, gratitude or emotions you may be going through.
Journaling is like an exercise, where you try to find out why makes you happy or what upsets you. When your thoughts are written down on paper, things are getting more real.
You can also have a written record of your desires, thoughts and feelings, problems in your relationships, but also things you are most proud of. Journaling can be very complicated. However, keeping a journal will be much appreciated by your future self!
Benefits of Journaling
Let’s get into nine ways you can leverage journaling in your daily life.
- If you are struggling with depression, stress or anxiety, journaling can help improve your mental health and memory, as well as helping you to you gain control of your emotions. You should reduce stress as much as possible as it can be harmful to your physical, emotional and mental health. It has been proven that journaling is an effective method to manage stress. With a written record of your emotions, you can gain back control over the things that happen in your life.
- Journaling helps you to get to know and understand yourself much better. You learn not only to see the problems you are facing, but also how you have been able to overcome them. Journaling allows you to follow patterns in your behavior, improvements as well as changes. When you are aware of the power you had in certain situations, it will help you to move ahead with being much more confident. You can create a meaningful connection with yourself through journaling, which is just as important as creating meaningful relationships with other people.
- As journaling helps you to reduce stress, you should write in a place that is peaceful and relaxing. Keeping a journal helps you to bring some stability when your are going through a rough patch. Journaling allows you get to know yourself better by recording your inner thoughts, fears and emotions. Journaling is a moment of relaxing, and “me-time”. It is a time when you are soul searching. It relieves stress and allows you to wind down.
- Writing things down in a journal helps you to stay accountable to any goal you would like to achieve. It helps to improve your ability to follow through with you plans. Journaling allows you to learn how to navigate your emotions and behaviors most effectively. It allows you to clearly see what makes you happy and what pushes you. An excellent way to start jour journaling journey is pre-bedtime, which can also help you to relax. You are also creating a healthy habit by journaling daily around the same time.
- Keeping a daily journal allows you to work through difficult situations and control you emotions, such as anger or depression. It is a way of comforting yourself. It also helps you to solve difficult situations through decisive thinking and right-brain reflection. You can resolve differences, realize clemency and cultivate love and understanding for others.
- Journaling can also be a good way to spice up your life. Writing down your feelings and thoughts helps to improve your mood, giving a greater sense of overall emotional well-being and happiness. It is key to focus less on the things you have not achieved yet, and focusing more on being grateful for what you already have. Journaling reminds you of your blessings and just how far you have already come.
- Starting a journal helps to strengthen emotional functions effectively. The benefits become long-term as the journaling habits are being developed. When you keep a journal, you become more in tune with your inner needs and desires.
- Did you know that writing down your goals makes them sink into your subconscious mind? Your goals and thoughts are consumed by your inner mind and will quickly become your physical reality. Journaling allows you to be accountable to yourself. You can go through what you got done on a certain day, and plan more efficiently what needs to be done in the next coming days. Keep writing down what you have experienced and learned, and you will direct your subconscious mind what to focus on in the future.
- Starting a journal can help you to have a greater sense of confidence and self-identity. It also helps to manage personal adversity as well as emphasize important patterns and growth in your life. It was proven by research that expressive writing can help a person to develop more planned, adaptive, and integrated schemes about themself. By keeping a journal, you can also open and engage the right brain creativity. This gives you access to your creative potential.
I am sure this information may help you starting a journal. Just grab your favorite mug, get some tea or coffee and start with your journal. Improve your physical, mental and emotional health. Just make a start, any start. It does not matter what you write the first time. It’s about creating the habit. You will improve your writing as you continue. The only thing you need is a relaxing space and time.
Have you already started your “journaling journey”. Let me know in the comments below about your experience. Also, if you think this article may be beneficial to someone you know, please feel free to share this article with them!
Also read: Top 6 reasons why you should keep a journal