This post may contain affiliate links. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
What is the most effective home remedy for dark circles? It’s a common beauty problem: dark circles under the eyes. If you suffer from dark circles under your eyes, they may give you an appearance of illness of fatigue. They actually make you feel worse and are no good for you self esteem.
What are dark circles under eyes?
The area around your eyes is very sensitive. The skin is very thin in that area and also sparsely dotted with oil glands. Your skin under your eyes can become dry and thin. When this happens, veins appear more prominently below your eyes. The result: dark circles.
What causes dark circles?
There is not just one reason why you get dark circles. There are actually various causes for dark circles. We will list a few of them below:
If women in your family suffer from dark circles, chances are you will get them too. The fact is that the thinness of the skin in the eye area is heredity. Thinness under your eyes may reveal dark veins and they may appear as dark circles.
Dark circles can also be caused by allergies like skin itching which is inherited. The darks circles are then caused as a result of inflammation in the eye area.
Lack of Sleep and Fatigue
Well this is a no brainer. If you are not getting enough sleep, you are more prone to getting dark circles. Fatigue, pregnancy of a sinus infection can cause pale skin. And that is a bad thing because pale skin makes veins appear more prominently under the eyes.
Also read: Benefits of face steaming at home
If your eyes are set in deep skull bones, you may develop dark circles below your eyes.
Exposure to Sunlight
Too much exposure from sunlight is bad for your skin for numerous reasons. And that also applies for your skin around the eyes. Too much exposure to the sun will increase the levels of levels of pigmentation. This will cause tanning. As a result, you skin below the eyes appears dark.
There are some medications that can cause dark circles below the eyes. These are commonly medications which cause dilation of blood vessels. If you have dilated blood vessels, they will allow more blood to flow through them. The blood vessels then appear more prominently through the thin skin under the eyes.
A bad diet often leads to pale skin below the eyes. If you don’t have essential nutrients in your, it may lead to discoloration of under eye skin.
A hormonal imbalance leads to the appearance of dark circles. Hormonal imbalance may appear during menstruation, during pregnancy, or menopause to name a few.
Of course, age plays a big part in the appearance of dark circles. As you age, the skin around the eyes becomes more wrinkled and dry. Wrinkled skin around the eyes often appear as dark circles.
Tips for Dark eye Circles
If you suffer from dark circles, the question is how to get rid of them. Here are some solutions to get rid of those dark circles under your eyes.
1. Conceal dark circles with make up. Take the time to buy a good concealer.
2. If you are suffering from one of the illnesses above, treat them. You may need to visit your doctor for an effective treatment.
3. Get more sleep. If you sleep for longer hours, the developing of dark circles will reduce.
4. Never scratch the skin under your eyes.
5. Start a healthy diet to give your body the nutrition it desperately needs. You may also want to take a multi vitamin supplement to ensure you get all the vitamins and minerals on a daily basis.
6. If you apply a moisturizing cream on the skin under your eyes, do this gently. Just tap with your fingers.
7. Increasing the blood circulation around the eyes helps the appearance of dark circles.
Ayurveda Treatment for Dark Circles
The accumulation of toxins may cause dark circles. An ayurveda treatment may help reduce them. A treatment consists of body detoxification and skin rejuvenation.
What is the Most Effective Home Remedy for Dark Circles?
We will give you top ten home remedies for dark circles under the eyes:
1. Squeeze some fresh juice from a cucumber. Then dip two cotton balls in the juice and place the cotton balls on your eyes. This will relax your eyes and also relieve tiredness of the eyes. This method is considered the best natural remedy for dark circles.
2. The method as discussed with the cucumber, is also highly effective using a potato.
3. Make a paste of tomato puree, lemon juice, turmeric powder and orange lentil flour. Apply a thin layer of the paste around your eyes and leave it for 15 minutes. Then gently wash it off.
4. Drink at least 15 glasses of water every day. Herbal tea is also a food option.
5. Add fresh fruits and, leafy green vegetables to your diet. They contain a lot of fiver.
6. Get 8 hours of sleep daily.
7. Reduce stress. You can do this by practicing yoga and meditation.
8. Chocolate and sweets should not be a part of your diet.
9. Apply rose water on the dark circles using cotton balls.
10. Whenever your eyes are too tired, cover them with a thin slice of cucumber.
So what is the most effective home remedy for dark circles? We have discussed a few options in this article that are worth trying. Did you try any of the remedies? Share your experience in the comments below.